Thursday, January 15, 2015

January is National Hot Tea Month


"If you are cold, tea will warm you; if you are too heated, it will cool you; if you are depressed, it will cheer you; if you are excited, it will calm you."  William E. Gladstone, a British Prime Minister in the late 1800's.

I always wondered how tea could do all those things at once, except for the warming and cooling part.  I knew caffeine is a stimulant and mild anti-depressant, but I didn't know, until after reading an article today, that tea also has natural chemicals that, in a combination found only in tea made from the Camellia sinensis plant and no where else in nature, will soothe and calm.  Black tea, green tea, white tea - all have these properties. 

Amazing tea, no wonder I love you so much!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous teapot, cup and saucer - just perfect for a beautiful forest mountain home.
    Love the designs.

    I'm not a fan of "commercial" tea, but make up my own blends of natural, medicinal herbs for all occasions and ailments.
    My trusty old teapot is rarely without a "daily hedge witch brew" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tea set! Though I usually drink coffee -- sometimes only a nice cup of tea will do,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails